Physics & Technology
- Large-scale simulation of intense laser interaction with solids, particularly with semiconducting materials.
- Formation mechanisms of nanostructures at the surface of various laser-irradiated materials, and mechanisms enabling single-step large-scale production of highly regular structures.
- Dynamical estimation of absorption of light by structured materials.
- Surface polaritonics for solids with description of losses.
- Ultrafast laser-induced metallization of irradiated solids.
- Band-structure engineering of solids for photonics.
Intensive computer simulations
- Preparation of massively parallel and I/O intensive simulations using High Power Computers.
- Quantum density functional theory (DFT) and TDDFT simulations,
- Sustained chain of production via advanced automation using scripting in Python & Bash.
- Rate equations for laser-induced semiconductor modification.
- Self-development of C, Fortran and Python codes, with automated documentation.
- Git management for community-based development of codes.
- Code optimization and transfer to CUDA GPU.
Large data management
- Regular backup and archiving of research data on national facilities.
- Digital trust certificate management.
- Regular massive secured loss-less data transfers (GB to TB).
- Long-lived archived data management.
Reporting / Drafting
- Demonstrated capacity for acquiring European funds through project proposals submission.
- Demonstrated capacity to acquire computational resources on national and European facilities (PRACE-EU).
- Preparation of publication for presenting simulation data.
- Workflow centralized & synchronized between Trello, Bitbucket & TeamGantt (Jira envisioned).
- Supervision of PhD students & edition of scientific manuscripts.
- Main responsible and member of steering committee of collaborative project Marie Sklodowska-Curie RISE “ATLANTIC” involving 14 theoretical groups in the world.
- Excellent communication skills and used to multi-cultural & Western+Eastern types of working environments.