We have now transferred the website to a new web host. Cheaper, faster, more secure, more modular. The website is sensibly faster as well. Enjoy the ride!
In November 2021, we announced the submission of a chapter for a book edited by Prof. Razvan Stoian and Prof. Jörn Bonse (https://www.quantumlap.eu/springer-chapter-submitted/). We are excited to announce that the production of the book has started and should be available as hard cover around October 2022. Announcement is available at the following address: https://link.springer.com/book/9783031147517.
We are delighted to be published as the first chapter in the Part dedicated to fundamentals of the laser-matter interaction.
The book contains 33 chapters, organized in 3 main parts. The table of contents is not fully disclosed to avoid issues with Copyright agreement.
- Ultrafast Laser Nanostructuring – The Pursuit of Extreme Scales
- Foreword R. Stoian* & J. Bonse*: “Ultrafast Laser Nanostructuring – The Pursuit of Extreme Scales – Foreword”
- Part I: Fundamental Processes in Laser 2D/3D Nanostructuring
- Chap. 1: T.J.-Y. Derrien, Y. Levy, N.M. Bulgakova*: “Insights into laser-matter interaction from inside: wealth of processes, multiplicity of mechanisms and possible roadmaps for energy localization”
- Part II: Concepts of Extreme Nanostructuring
- Part III: Functions and Applications
In preparation of his PhD thesis, our group member MSc. Krystof Hlinomaz has published in the International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (Elsevier, IF 5.5).
The paper establishes an efficient description of damage of lossy metallic films deposited on substrates upon interaction with femtosecond and picosecond laser pulses. The results are demonstrating the role of the choice of substrate, and of the choice of film thickness on the film and substrate modification dynamics.
In comparison to existing studies,
- this work explores a wide range of sample parameters using high power computing,
- it provides a predictive and robust model benchmarked using several types of validation:
- a validation of simplified cases on analytical solutions,
- a real-time monitoring of the energy conservation of the non-linear system,
- a validation by direct comparison with well established experimental results of the literature.
The work is useful for improving the precision of laser processing of thin metallic films using femtosecond and picosecond laser pulses.
Title of the study is: “Modeling thermal response of Mo thin films upon single femtosecond laser irradiation: dynamics of film melting and substrate softening”
The paper is available here: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2022.123292.