Calendar of the ERC Starting Grant 2018
- October 17th 2018: ERC starting grant application “QLARINET” was submitted at the Max Planck Institute for Structure and Dynamics of Matter (Hamburg).
- March 15th 2019: first notification of the status of the project were received.
- April 17th 2019: evaluation reports were made available on the EU portal.
- July 26th 2019: statistics and list of awarded applicants was published on the ERC portal.
Selected panel’s outcome
- “The publication record of PI is very good, academic track includes also wide collaborations, research funding and continuous activity in working on challenging problems.”
- “The driving idea of this proposal is new and courageous, when compared to current methods.”
- “The objectives and the scientific approach are well detailed.”
Selected referees outcomes
- “Both risk and gain are high, yet challenge is admirable”
- “The approach is clearly compatible with research objectives and work packages, proceeding in rational order. Risk is high across entire work schedule.”
- “The scientific approach is brief but clear and well-structured”
- “This is a novel idea, taking a brave step forward compared to existing works”
- “The outlined scientific approach is described in a very detailed manner, and the PI is competent to what he is proposing.”
Short answers to specific points
- To what extent has the PI demonstrated the ability to conduct ground-breaking research? Very good | Very good | Very good
- To what extent does the PI provide evidence of creative independent thinking? Very good | Very good | Very good
- To what extent does the PI have the required scientific expertise and capacity to successfully execute the project? Very good | Excellent | Very good
- “The PI has a very good publication record and he has set a very challenging goal for himself in this project.”
- “A very satisfactory scientific and research track record with many publications, excellent collaborations, funding and research experience.”
- B (is of high quality but not sufficient to pass to Step 2 of the evaluation.)